“If you are looking for natural stone, that is ideal for paving and has some extra characters, then “Bluestone” must be your pick. Whether it is the residential property or the commercial property, Bluestone is a popular choice to work with, in both types of properties. Bluestone makes a very popular choice for the outdoors, because of its hardwearing properties and excellent durability. Many individuals find Bluestone as a demanding stone pavers and it is in use in Australia for hundreds of years, if not more.
So, it is a very common sight to find on pathways, driveways, laneways with an old chiselled finished look – paved with Bluestone. Whether you are bored of the Bluestone or love the overall aesthetic appeal of the same, it is hard to ignore these natural beauties and is a very popular choice of landscapers for both residential and commercial properties alike.”
In my personal experience of dealing with customers, I have noticed that people always want to know that which one is the best – European Bluestone or the Chinese Bluestone? Well, it is a good question to be asked when you are not an expert as both the pavers look the same at first glance.
Its better to start with the qualities of both then we can make a decision.
Alright, so lets talk about the European Bluestone Pavers first. As the name suggests, European Bluestone Pavers are exported from Europe and comes in a beautiful greyish texture highlighted with extraordinary lightning cat’s paws. It is popular as compared to the other bluestone pavers because of the consistency in colour and texture. It is stronger than the most bluestone pavers available in the market these days. It lasts for ages if layed properly and maintained overtime. The normal percentage of cat’s paw on European Bluestone is around 10-30%. However, these days architectures, landscapers and interior designers consider more catspaws as it provides a luxury finish to the pavers which looks astonishing around the pool, outdoor pavers, driveway pavers and any other large paving areas. The hard and durable nature of the European Bluestone Pavers makes it the ideal choice as a building material for foundation structures.
On the other hands, Chinese Bluestone Pavers are exported from China and they look similar to the European Bluestone. However, they are not as strong as the European Bluestone Pavers and contain around 50% of the cat’s paw on the surface. You can lay Chinese bluestone pavers in your garden areas, pathways, walkways but not as driveway pavers because they can crack overtime.
But, when it comes to selecting the Bluestone for your residential or commercial property always we need the best variant of the Bluestone in the market. Among the two mentioned above, in my personal recommendation European Bluestone is far better than the Chinese Bluestone pavers for various reasons. In Australia with current economic situation with China looks like they are supplying the inferior quality stones.
However, Landscapers, Builders and Architects are choosing European Bluestone pavers over the Chinese Bluestone pavers, because of all the benefits they get from the European Bluestone over the other.
The following are the selective points that I discovered and put together for you all after my research into the topic:
- Visually consistent: European Bluestone has a consistent visual appearance. It has a uniform colour and the texture of the European Bluestone does not appear uneven in any way. The consistency provides a harmonious look to the European Bluestone. European Bluestone has a calm and soothing effect on the eyes. The even texture and colour of the European Bluestone add to the overall aesthetic appeal of the entire property. But, the Chinese Bluestone has a very uneven and patchy texture. You are likely to get more uneven tones and irregularities throughout the Bluestone slabs.
- Durability is an important factor to consider: The properties of the European Bluestone from the European Bluestone quarries are denser. Hence, the European Bluestone is much denser and durable, when in comparison with the Chinese Bluestone. Not only is the European Bluestone denser, but it is also very less porous. Also, during installation, one does not need to use much stone tile sealer with the European Bluestone, due to its density and the lesser porosity, when in comparison to Chinese Bluestone.
- Reaction with salt: It is hardly taken into consideration whether you have mineral, salt, or chlorine water for your pool or whether you live near the sea or an area that is particularly high in salt content when choosing to install European Bluestone. You can very confidently and assuringly use European Bluestone for paving your pools and pool coping tiles. The high salt rating of the European Bluestone also ensures that one can effortlessly use it even if they are residing near the sea or in an area that is particularly high in salt content. The same cannot be said for the Chinese Bluestone.
- Ensure Better quality control: The Bluestone from the European Quarries undergoes throrough inspection and quality control from being exported. The quality check ensures that every shipment of European Bluestone your receive is of superior quality and without any issues with the texture, color, and quality of the same.
- Affordable Price: It is clear that the European Bluestone from the European Bluestone quarries is a very popular choice and it is so for all the right reasons. The European Bluestone gives a luxurious look to the entire property, whether it is residential or commercial. And, even though European Bluestone lends the luxurious look and is more durable than the Chinese Bluestone, it is very affordable and does not burn a hole in your pocket.
Bluestone is also one of the flattest natural stones of all, hence it does not require any special equipment for its installation. One can be sure that the installation of Bluestones does not require any additional cost or effort from a large force of manpower. It is easy to install and is durable.
Also, if you choose the best variety of Bluestone pavers, it is not expensive and quite easy to install, it does not require loads of stone tile sealer, hence, you save a considerable amount on the sealant also. Bluestones are the most common and popular choice without costing a bomb for the interiors and exteriors of your property alike.
Bluestone is a traditional natural stone, in use for landscaping properties since ancient times. Even though it is an old traditional natural stone, it still does not lose its importance when it comes to decorating and paving the exteriors of residential and commercial properties, alike. Not only the exteriors, but Bluestone is also popularly used in interior decoration of properties as well. Whether it is for the pools, driveways, patios, sidewalks, interior applications, or any other purpose in construction, Bluetone is perfect for all.
I hope I have clarified enough about the difference between European Bluestone and Chinese Bluestone. Hope this blog, will help you make a better decision before buying bluestone pavers for your dream home. And if you looking for bluestone pavers in Melbourne maybe shop from here – https://bluestone-pavers.melbourne/
I have personally shopped from a couple of showrooms in Australia, from where you can buy the best bluestone pavers. Read my blogs – Top Suppliers of European Bluestone Pavers in Australia for more information.
Thanks for stopping by. See you in the next blog.😊